Virtual Context International Design Competition 2013
In today’s world, information is delivered through advanced technologies and is changing the way we interact with the physical world. Information is exchanged through a virtual world built on the framework of the internet, computers, and mobile technology. This changes the way we interact with the built world. How interconnected can virtual and physical worlds become and how does this relationship influence physical architecture and its context?
This design competition is an exploration into the relationship between an architectural design, the virtual world, and your chosen site. Investigate the influence of the virtual world blending with physical architecture. How does this process help solve some of the increasingly complex issues in our world today? How are the users and site influenced by this concept?
Open to all individuals and teams of up to 4 members: students, design professionals, artists, and engineers are encouraged to apply. This is an international competition.
- Dec 2012—Competition requirements announced (registration begins)
- Mar 31, 2013—Early registration deadline
- May 15, 2013—Registration deadline
- Jun 01, 2013—Submission deadline
- Jun 02–June 16, 2013—Preliminary judging evaluation by Gurroo.com (to verify projects comply with competition rules)
- Jun 17–June 30, 2013—Official judging panel evaluation
- Jul 01, 2013—Winner of the Innovative Minds Competition announced
- Boards must be submitted electronically by June 1, 2013 to Gurroo.com.
- A text file (.doc) containing team member names, school or firm if necessary and the location of the team/individual (city, state, or country).
- Project Statement (300 words) .doc file format. English is the official language of the competition.
- Two (2) horizontal boards, 24″ x 36″ 300 dpi submitted electronically in PDF format.
- Early Registration:$25 until March 31, 2013.
- Standard Registration: $35 April 1, 2013 – May 15, 2013.
A qualified judging panel of 3-5 will be chosen to evaluate the projects submitted by participants. All of last year’s judges were working in the architectural profession.
- Winner:$1000 USD+published on the Gurroo website for an extended period of time.
- 10 Honorable Mention:Honorable Mention projects will be published on the Gurroo website
For more information click here