Tianjin International Airport
China is rapidly becoming a very sought-after tourist destination and the government is investing in the construction of new airports to open up all regions of the country and to improve both communications and trade. Currently there are over 40 airports at various stages of construction and in a few years when these are complete China will have several airports able to compete as major hubs in Asia.
Tianjin became a center of urban modernization and internationalism in the early years of the 20th century. Hotels like the Astor received famous guests such as Herbert Hoover and Sun Yat-sen, and one of China’s rst lifts was installed there in 1924. Meanwhile, heavy silting of the Haihe River led to construction of a new port at Tanggu, 50 km downriver, as Tianjin lost its character as a major port city. The 1976 Tangshan earthquake caused extensive damage to the city, and it was closed to foreign visitors until repairs were completed. The establishment of the Tianjin Economic and Development Area was a major spur to investment and economic revitalization.
- Oct 25, 2012—Special registration begins – Question period is open
- Dec 20, 2012—Special registration deadline
- Dec 21, 2012—Early registration begins
- Jan 15, 2013—Early registration deadline
- Jan 16, 2013—Late registration begins
- Feb 15, 2013—Late registration deadline
- Feb 28, 2013—Project submission deadline
- Mar 10, 2013—Jury meeting – Evaluation period begins
- Apr 30, 2013—Winners’ announcement
Each participant must send the following material:
- One A1 format board (100 cm x 60 cm) HORIZONTAL FORMAT with the project. (max. 5 MB) in PDF.
- The official contest form containing participants personal information (available for download in the download section on the Website awrcompetitions.com).
A clear, concise explanation of the design that intelligently addresses the three key criteria and answers all the relevant questions in the call for entries. Explain the innovation and inspiration behind your idea. You are encouraged to give a unique name to your design.
- The resolution of the boards must be 150 dpi, RGB mode and saved as PDF files.
- The bottom right corner of each board must contain the participation number.
- All the files must be placed in a ZIP folder named after your registration number. For example: 14arc-u-01.zip
- The board should not contain any other sign of recognition, it causes the immediate exclusion from the competition. No en-trant shall disclose, exhibit or publish their submitted entry in any form or in any forum until the completion of the competition and announcement of the winners. Any such discosure will result in immediate disqualification.
- The official competition language is English. Any note or text must be written English. Any text written in a different language will be ignored. When the registration project deadline is over the automatic system that controls the delivery of the projects will be closed and it is not possible anymore to deliver the project
- Special registration: Oct 25, 2012 – Dec 20, 2012— 50 €
- Early registration: Dec 21, 2012 – Jan 15, 2013— 75 €
- Late registration: Jan 16, 2012 – Feb 15, 2012— 100 €
To be determined
- 1st prize: 1500 €
- 2nd prize: 1000 €
- 3rd prize: 500 €
- 5 honorable mentions.
Download the Competition Brief
For more information click here