Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
The sustainable versatility design awards
2013 design challenge.Re-imagine the use of Eastern White Pine in the modern classroom.
- How can we bring the outside in to stimulate the educational experience?
- How would a more nature-accented design create a more inspirational space to learn?
- How would you feature Eastern White Pine in the modern classroom?
- Consider the applications for a library, an outdoor educational center, or as a design accent for, or feature of, a traditional classroom.
- Challenge the status quo of industrial, educational settings by embracing wood [Eastern White Pine] when designing an inspiring academic environment.
- Dec 31, 2012—Registration
- Mar 01, 2013—Submission Deadline
- Mar 30, 2013—Award Announcement
- Apr 05, 2013—Reception & Exhibition
Building design parameters
Project must prominently feature Eastern White Pine on interior or exterior of building.
Include other features increasing the sustainability/efficiency of the structure.
- 1st Prize: $750 + 1 Night Accommodation in Boston for the Awards + Featured Article in the Eastern White Pine Monographs
- 2nd Prize: $500 + Featured Article in the Eastern White Pine Monographs
- 3rd Prize: $250
The Juried Review of award submissions is an anonymous process. Contact information for entries is kept separate from other submission materials. Submissions must not have any marks of logo, insignia, or writing that identify their authorship.
For more information click here