Temporal & Sustainable theatre design
Design for a Temporal Sustainable Theatre.World Stage Design 2013 will feature a unique opportunity to design a temporal sustainable performance venue.
- The Theatre Should Consider the dynamics of the site, the orientation, atmosphere and associations; the relationship with surrounding spaces and buildings, the views, transitions, boundaries and the quality of light and acoustics.
- The theatre should seat an audience of 100 to 150. The theatre will be used both for performances and formal presentations
- The theatre will have access to toilet, shower and dressing room facilities in the AHC building.
- The theatre should be designed to be built without manufacturing any of the structure, using either existing and READILY available building components or alternative sustainable elements.
- This is not an open air theatre, and as such will need to be both weather and soundproof.Read more
- The competition is open to both professionals and students
- Theatre Architects, Technicians and Scenographers should all see this as an opportunity to apply their practice.
- The competition is not limited to individual submission but welcomes collaborative practitioners.
- Entries must be received from the Individual or group of Individuals, not from a Company.
- March 01, 2013—Submission Deadline
- March 01, 2013—Registration Deadline
The winning design, chosen from the shortlisted 10, will be built and used for performance throughout WSD2013.
Admission fee: £50
For more information click here