Open International Design Competition on Project of Belvedere (observation deck) for Nikola-Lenivets Park
The competition is held in two stages.Nikola-Lenivets Project and Archstoyanie Festival announce the competition for Nikola’s Belvedere art object which is meant to become one of the main landmarks in Nikola-Lenivets. The competition’s objectives include design and construction of observation deck/belvedere which will connect composition-wise Rotunda by Brodsky and Arch by Bernaskoni art objects into a uniform architectural ensemble and will become the high-rise dominant of Versailles Park.
- Design and creation of belvedere – future landmark of the northern side of Versailles Park, iconic symbol of the area.
- Presentation of the art object at the festival Archstoyanie 2013.
Any health- and eco-friendly materials are allowed. Usage of wood, metal, clay, materials certified in accordance with environmental standards, as well as recycled and reused materials would be an asset.
- Phase 1—Submission of entries. November 26 – January 15.
- Phase 2—Selection of shortlisted projects (10 projects). Selection is carried out by the Expert Council. January 16 – 26.
- Phase 3—Further development of the shortlisted projects. Trip of shortlisted participants to Nikola-Lenivets. January 27 – February 5.
- Phase 4—Selection of the contest’s winner. February 6-12.
- Phase 5—Development of work project and implementation schedule. February 15 – March 15.
- Phase 6—Implementation of the project. March 20 – June.
- Phase 7—Presentation of the object at the Archstoyanie 2013 Festival, July.
Submission Deadline:January 15, 2013
- Boris Bernaskoni
- Alexander Konstantinov
- Anton Kochurkin
- Nikolay Polissky
- The winner will be rewarded a cash prize of 100,000 rubles and provided with funding for the belvedere’s construction.
- The winner will be also provided with funding for the project construction or with assistance of specialists for project development.
Download Terms of Reference
For more information click here