Mystery build 2013 art contest
Create a work of art using ONLY the materials in a Mystery Build Kit. Upload photos and/or videos of what you make to compete for cash prizes. The theme for this year’s contest is”Re-Invent a Work of Art”
The 2013 Mystery Build Art Contest is open only to legal residents of the U.S. Void where prohibited. Entries completed by persons or teams under the age of 18 must be submitted by an adult who is 18 years of age or older to be considered for prizes.
Mystery Build Kits are available for purchase beginning 9/24/12 and ending on 9/30/13. Purchase a Kit online at www.mysterybuild.com or from an authorized Mystery Build distributor, outlet, or sales representative.Entrants must create an original work of art (creative object, construction, experiment, video, concept or other creative presentation) using ONLY the 2013 Mystery Build Kit and its contents as materials. The completed entry must be submitted to the Mystery Build Art Contest between 11/01/12 and 10/20/13. Entrants must complete a Submission Form at www.mysterybuild.com and upload photographs and/or video of the finished contest entry, as well as photographs or video of the entry in progress. Entrants may work as individuals or as a team. Teams must assign a representative to compete for prizes.
Entry fee & materials kit: $36
- Sep 24,2012-Sep 30,2013—Purchase Mystery Build Kits
- Nov 01,2012-Oct 20,2013—Submission
Mystery Build representatives will screen all entries for eligibility for judging. Beginning on 11/01/13, an independent, qualified panel of judges will judge all eligible entries based on the following criteria:
- Creativity – The originality of the entry and creative use of the materials provided. How well does the entry make use of the materials? Are materials used in surprising ways? Does the entry show imagination and ingenuity?
- Relevance to the Theme – How effectively and creatively the entry expresses the Theme – Re-Invent Your Favorite Work of Art. Entrants may interpret the contest’s theme any way they wish. Perhaps a re- creation of a famous painting in the form of a sculpture, or a new perspective on a familiar work of art. Entrants will specify what work of art they are re-inventing on the submission form. Any work of art can be used, in any medium from painting, to film, music, photography, sculpture, culinary arts, architecture, etc. The entry should not be a replica of the work but a re-interpretation, continuation, or unique version of the original artwork.
- Execution – Quality of technique and the presentation of the work in the photos or video submitted. Is the entry well executed? Does it show skill, talent, or craftsmanship?
- $15,000 in prize money will be awarded.
- The following prizes are guaranteed regardless of the number of entries received.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form a check written in the name of the entrant.
- 1st Place $5000
- 2nd Place People’s Choice Winner $2000
- 3rd Place $1500
- 4th Place $1000
- 5th Place $700 and more
For more information click here