Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
Innovative Minds Architectural Design Competition
In today’s world creative ideas are becoming crucial to success of all populations especially when social, economic and technological issues are becoming more complex. How can “innovative minds” be invigorated by an architectural design to promote solutions for our complex problems?
An architectural design needs to become a catalyst for the innovative mind within physical and or virtual environments. This design needs to promote the human condition by inspiring the minds of the intended users to an unprecedented level. This may be accomplished on any scale; micro or macro. The designer will decide how to inspire users to develop or use their innovative minds directly or indirectly as a result of the architectural design.
- January 2012 – Competition Requirements Announced
- February 1, 2012 – Registration Begins
- May 1, 2012 – Registration Deadline
- June 15, 2012 – Submission Deadline
- June 16- June 22, 2012- Preliminary Judging Evaluation by Gurroo LLC.
- June 23-June 29, 2012- Official Judging Panel Evaluation
- June 30-July 6, 2012- Honorable Mention Judging
- July 9, 2012 Winner of the Innovative Minds Competition Announced.
- Project Statement (300 words) .doc file format.
- Two (2) boards, 24″ x 36″ 300 dpi submitted electronically in PDF format. Horizontal orientation.
- Renderings evoking an emotive quality using unique techniques.
- Section, Elevation and Plan drawings, which best describe the project.
- Diagrams describing how the project addresses the competition challenge statement.
- Registration number located clearly in the upper right corner of both boards.
- Correct spelling and punctuation in all text.
- Text must be at least 12 point font.
- English is the official language of the competition. No other languages may be used.
- $1000 + (10% of registration fees) to winning project. Personal Profiles will be created on the Gurroo website promoting the authors of the winning project.
- Honorable Mentions – 10 Projects will receive this award.
- 10% of Registration fees will be donated to an open source design programming organization to ensure the development of open source design programs.
- Registration fee:$30
- Individuals or teams must pay through Google Checkout or Paypal to register
- Preliminary judging will be conducted by Gurroo LLC to verify projects meet required competition rules and requirements.
- Secondary Judging will be conducted by an appointed panel of 3-5 judges. These judges will not be associated with Gurroo LLC. This judging panel will nominate a select number of honorable mention projects.
- A final winner will be decided by the group of honorable mentions selected by the Judging panel.
- Honorable Mention Candidates will be required to vote for the top projects based on a point value system. The candidates cannot vote for their own projects but will be required to evaluate the other projects to decide a winner
For more information click here