EyeTime2012: Photo Competition
EyeTime 2012 invites students and young professionals or enthusiasts to submit a collection of their photography comprised of up to three digital images. By submitting your work, The EyeTime invite you to share your voice with the collective intelligence of a community of visual thinkers. The competition is free to all entrants
As the paradigm shift from analog to digital is paired with the emergence of platforms for the digital consumption of images, photography inherently reassess its methods, media and subjects, in order to establish a dialogue with an audience whose visual abilities are increasingly expanded by technology. Thus, this competition challenges you to confront the world with your photography. By sending it out into the field you will test yourself and your work. You are the artist, the curator and the critic. EyeTime 2012 poses the following questions: How are your photos perceived? What does it take for an image to make a difference within the continuous overflow of data and information we currently inhabit? How can images impact evolving forms of media in order to engage audiences with their message? What is your message?
Emerging Talent (students only)
- Emerging Talent aims to discover upcoming photography voices within academia. The submitted images (digital photographs) can be in any order, and of any subject that represents the thoughts, explorations and ideas of the applicant.
Future Voices (young professionals or enthusiasts)
- Future Voices is oriented to all young photography enthusiasts and professionals 35 years of age and under. The submitted images (digital photographs) can be in any order, and of any subject that represents the thoughts, explorations and ideas of the applicant.
- October 1st 2012: Collections to be submitted and “EyeTime” begins. (Collections can be submitted prior to this date as well.)
- October 26th 2012: Stage 01 of the competition is closed and “EyeTime” stops at midnight.
- November 5th 2012: Finalists announced on Morpholio Community and Stage 02 “EyeTime” begins.
- November 23rd 2012: Stage 02 of the competition is closed and “EyeTime” stops at midnight.
- December 10th 2012: Winners and Honorable Mentions announced.
- A minimum of one “EyeTime Jury” winner and one “Guest Jury” winner will be selected in each category. All winning entrants will receive the title of Competition Winner(s) and will be announced in Resource Magazine Online. In addition, each winner will receive a dedicated Morpholio Community area as a public forum for their work for a period of one month.
- Remaining finalists in each category will receive the title of Honorable Mention and will be included in all press releases as well as featured in the Morpholio Community.
The EyeTime jury:
- (users contributing EyeTime) will be made up of the general public searching for collections and the up to 15 people you invite
- Aurelie Jezequel
- Jessica Lum
- Kristen Fortier
- Adam Sherwin
- Billy Cunningham
- Pei-Ru Keh
For more information click here