Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
Design the Central Mosque of Prishtina
The subject of this competition is the focal point of a Muslim’s life, the Mosque. The function of the Mosque is in the first place a space to worship Allah (God) in the way that he required to be worshipped. Except the basic function it also has other roles, like social, educational, political etc.
- The ambition is to aim for building a landmark in the city of Prishtina and an architecture that stands the test of time.
- It should be representative on a level worthy of a Central Mosque of the city.
- Symbolic expression of Islamic identity and local tradition of the people of Kosovo and expression of the significance by holding the main role.
- The building should have a monumental mass and be warm, inviting and attractive at the same time,an open place for all the society.
- It should be a place of socialization and education and a place for manifesting the Islamic festivals.
- The mosque should be distantly visible based on the fact that mosques belong to the type of central buildings and that the visibility serves for orientation to it.
The building consists of these area groups:
- The mosque and its ancillary rooms.
- Educational,social and administrative areas.
- Commercial areas.
- Garage and service areas
- Outdoor areas.
The competition is open to all architects (registered/licensed/certified/authorized) in a professional body in their country;Architectural teams and multidisciplinary teams participating in the competition which have at least one (licensed/certified/registered/authorized) architect who will be appointed as a legal representative of the team;
- Dec 10,2012—Registration open
- Dec 28,2012—Registration Deadline
- Mar 08,2013—Submission Deadline
Admission fee :100 euro per entry
The Jury is expected to be composed of international and local experts members.
- 1st prize—€25.000,00
- 2nd prize—€15.000,00
- 3rd prize—€10.000,00
Download Competition Brief PDF
For more information click here