The Un-Competition Project: Invent it, Design it, Build it.
Black Spectacles has created The Un-Competition Project. Invent a project, design it, and post your design on our Facebook page, with a 60 second video. The competition wants to hear how you came up with your project, what your design is, and how you are going to get it built. So, no, there is no competition brief, and no, The competition is not going to get your project built. You make the project up yourself- big or small- you sell it and you figure out how to get it built. Then document it in a video, and show it to the world.Black Spectacles has teamed up with the Chicago Architectural Club who will host an event that expands the dialogue about design entrepreneurship that the Un-Competition Project initiates. The winners will be presented, and the event will explore alternate methods of getting work, getting it built, and establishing yourself in the profession. If you don’t happen to be in Chicago at the time of the event, you can watch live on this website: www.blackspectacles.com
Rules & Eligibility
- This is an International Un-Competition. Designers from any country may participate.
- You must be 18 years or older to submit.
- The Un-Competition language is English. All audio and text in the video shall be in English.
- Black Spectacles reserves the right to modify the Un-Competition rules and requirements.
- The registration fee is not refundable.
- Contacting members of the jury is prohibited.
- You may submit a project as a team.
- You may submit multiple projects, but you must pay a registration fee for each project submitted.
- You may submit a project that has either already been built, or that you are working to get built.
- The project must have been conceived (invented) by the designer. Projects for which clients solicited designs will be disqualified.
- In submitting an entry, entrants warrant that the material is their original work, that it does not infringe upon copyright law, and that they have permission to publish the material.
- Your 60 second video should include the following:
- How you came up with your project, and why you think it needs to be realized.
- Explanation of your design idea, (include 3D and orthographic drawings/models).
- Explanation of how you intend to get (or already have gotten) the project realized.
Registration & Submission
Registration fee :$50.
Early registration fee: $35
Submit your registration fee here
Submit your 60 second video via the Facebook page
- September 6 2011 – Un-Competition Opens
- October 3 2011- Early Registration Closes (midnight CST)
- January 9 2012- Registration/Submissions due (midnight CST)
- January 11 2012- Public Voting Closes (midnight CST)
- January 13 2012- Winners Announced
- January 19 2012- Chicago Architectural Club Event
A distinguished jury will award up to $1,500 (at its discretion) to first, second, third place and People’s Choice winners. The People’s Choice Award will be determined by the proposal with the most votes on Facebook. The winning projects will also be the subject of a featured interview on our website, as well as featured participants in an event led by the Chicago Architectural Club.
Jury:To be announced
More info go to:www.blackspectacles.com/?p=847 or download the competition psoter .