Foremost Vanity Design Challenge
The Foremost Group (furniture, not insurance) is inviting students, design enthusiast, amateur or professional designer to the Foremost Vanity Design Challenge.
Some of the themes to address , among others :
- Style trends
- Color & Finish Trends, etc.
- Renewable Materials
- Innovative Materials, etc.
- Aging in Place
- People with Disabilities
- Universal Design, etc.
If you think your design can resolve a problem, help promote green materials, or catch the next trends – and you want a chance to win 5000 USD, you can register here :
- January 1 – Competition open for submissions .
- March 31, 2012 – Deadline for Submissions.
- April 10, 2012 – Winners Announcement.
Registration Criteria :
Must be 18 years old or older, resident of the USA or CANADA (Quebec exluded )
Vanity Design Criteria
The required elements are:
- An element of storage
Other Design Considerations
- Vanity design must include top, sink and an element of storage.
- The choice of doors and/or drawers, as well as hardware type and size are not specified and are your choice.
- Vanity width must be a standard 36”.
- Materials are not specified, although green and sustainable materials are preferred. However, it is important that the materials are
appropriate for a bathroom setting and will not degrade with the average moisture expected in that environment.
- Vanity top and sink can be one piece or two.
- Sink can be top mount or under mount. Design can feature a vanity mounted or wall mounted faucet.
The winner of the Foremost Vanity Design Challenge will be awarded $5000.00.
In addition, a display with the winning rendering will be held in the Foremost Groups corporate booth at KBIS 2012 in Chicago, IL.
Upon the announcement of the winner, Foremost will also donate a monetary contribution of $1000.00 to Habitat For Humanity, an organization striving to help people in the US and Canada by creating homes for those in need every day.
Designs will be judged by a panel of 12 Foremost Groups employees, and one external advertising agency executive.
- The first round will determine the finalists. A finalist will be determined based on an average score of 4 or higher from the judges on a scale of 1 – 5. *If no entry scores an average of 4 or higher through the first round of scoring, then Foremost will determine the contest closed and there will be no winner.
- The second round will determine the winner, based on the highest average score from the judges on a scale from 1 – 5.
Need more info ? go here : http://www.bathvanitydesign.com/