Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
The SPIRETEC Competition,India 2010
SPIRETEC is an architectural design competition for a 62,750 square meter mixed use area that is part of an IT office complex, spread across approx 85,000 square meters of land. The project is in Greater Noida; part of the Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR).
- To weave a responsive building pattern into the planned fabric of IT workspaces overlooking the floodplain of the river.
- To create a rest, leisure, and workplace environment that is cohesive, reassuring, and multi-layered in the experiences that it allows and meanings it explores.
- To examine ideas of grafted urbanity and create a design that can witness, influence, and remain pertinent to the sharp, anticipated transformations of the region.
- To incorporate issues of use, operation, maintenance, and performance – so that the conception becomes a living organ in the dynamic tissue of dispersed urbanity an not merely a sculptural object of beauty.
- To address issues of construction processes in an economy at an early stage in adoption of industrially processed materials and technologies, and its implication for modern – and future – India.
- To find suitable responses to the idea of culture, a living craft tradition and the supremacy of the hand and mind connect.
- To demonstrate that all this is possible in this climate of extremes while achieving the high level of global benchmarks of a low ecological footprint, sufficiency and sustainability.
- To contribute to the required architectural agenda in India that needs to be set such that it is valid for the next several decades.
- Nov 01,2010—Queries deadline
- Nov 29,2010—Queries answered
- Dec 15,2010—Registration deadline
- Jan 15,2011—Submission deadline
- February 2011—Final jury assessment
- March 2011—Awards and exhibitions
- Two horizontal A0 size sheets. These are to be composed as high-resolution PDF files suitable for printing. The organizers may print the file for jury and exhibition. Bleeding is ok if absolutely necessary. This material should also be sent in low-resolution JPEG files.
- A 3 minute multimedia presentation. This is to allow a better understanding and clarification of intent and ideas presented in the A0 sheets. Participants are free to choose any medium of their choice (ppt, avi, Mpeg, Flash, etc.)
- A 300 word essay encapsulating the vision and design approach for the project.
- Ken Yeang
- Lucien Kroll
- Michael Sorkin and more
- 1st prize—Contract for US $250,000
- Three finalists—US $25,000 each
- Five honorable mentions—US $10,000 each
Admission fee:US $50
For more information click here