Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
Play for all
Go Play,an international non-profit that promotes the importance of play for children in the developing world, is sponsoring a design competition to promote innovate playground designs. The winning design will be built for a school for refugee children along the border of Thailand and Burma (Myanmar).
Education systems all over the world are trying to create learning environments for children that prepare them for a rapidly changing future. To learn to live in such a world, children need much more than basic knowledge. A playground is the place for children to form the building blocks of creative, critical and collaborative thinking: from the invention of games and solutions to complex problems, to negotiating rules and inventing new scenarios — play is the soil for the planting of new ideas.
- Sep 17th, 2010—Competition open
- Nov 24th, 2010—Registration Deadline
- Jan 7th, 2011—Submission Deadline
The competition is open To design professionals, educators and non-professionals. Teams including educators and designer encouraged.
- Everyone is welcome to participate. Entrants do not need to be licensed architects or landscape architects to participate.
- Designs may be submitted by an individual or by a team.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person, or the number of teams with which an individual may participate.
- Entrants must register to participate in the “Play for all” Design Competition. Only registered entrants will have access to the competition criteria, design brief and other background information.
- Darell Hammond
- Larry Scarpa
- Andrew Maynard
- Dr. Beth Doll
- Marlon Blackwell
- Liam Garland
- Jennifer Siegal
- Kitti Upariphutthiphong
- Rachel Bentley
- Quilian Riano
- Matt Huxtable
- Lena Weller
- Barry Richards
Admission fee:$25 USD per entry
For more information click here