Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
A Room for London
At the beginning of the Olympic year of 2012, “A Room for London” will sit on top of the Queen Elizabeth Hall roof at the Southbank Centre in London and will allow up to two guests at a time a chance to spend a unique night in an exemplary work of art and architecture overlooking the British capital. This one-bedroom temporary home/hotel is being commissioned by Living Architecture and Artangel, two of Britain’s leading cultural organizations.
Bookings for the Room for London will be from a website and will be open to all at a reasonable price. A few nights every month will be held back so that special visitors to the capital (including artists, athletes, writers, thinkers and dreamers) can be offered a stay. All visitors will be offered a chance to share their visual and written experiences of their night in the Room.
The Room will be perched on the roof of the Queen Elizabeth Hall for a whole year (2012). Entrants are encouraged to consider how the building will respond to the changing seasons, as well as the varying moods of day and night. The Room will be highly visible and submissions should therefore think of the structure’s physical impression on the capital.
- Nov 30, 2010—Submissions deadline
- Dec 13, 2010—Shortlist announced
- Submissions should be in PDF format and no more than 5 A4 pages. Entries any longer than this will automatically be discounted.
- Submissions must include the following:
- Contact details (name, email address, phone number).
- A short CV of the participant (s) indicating relevant past experience, especially with demountable structures.
- Visual material that gives as clear an idea as possible of how the structure will look from close-up (internally and externally), and how it will sit in the broader landscape.
- Evidence of how the Room will comply with the load requirements outlined in the technical specification.
- This Agreement is between the contracting member of the booking party (“you” and “your”) and Living Architecture LLP (company number OC323783) whose registered office is at 930 High Road, London N12 9RT (the “Company”, “we”, “our” and “us”).
- The terms and conditions contained herein are displayed on the Company’s website at www.living-architecture.co.uk (the “Site”). The making of a booking and payment of a deposit or full balance (for bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival) will constitute the formation of a legally binding Agreement on these terms and conditions between you and the Company for the holiday rental of the Accommodation.
- Members of Living Architecture
- Southbank teams
- Winning entry —12.5 per cent of the total build cost
- 5 shortlisted entries—£2,500 each
For more information click here