Hello strangers, care to join??
Please Login or register to see your Points
Let’s create highly transportable and deployable play spaces that are sustainable infrastructure nodes
Your challenge is to design a solution to create a highly demountable, portable sports product library, product development studio, and futsal (soccer) play area. This “pop-up” facility will be deployed to provide much needed (and desired) jerseys, shoes, and balls to communities that would welcome and use them to inspire change for youth of both genders. The design should comprise of a structure and construction mechanism that can unfurl to provide a space to rent sports gear as well as a safe space for youth to play, but must be re-packaged securely to protect the goods and equipment when the play area is not used or space is not available, or when it moves from one location to another.
Download competition brief PDF
Design Teams should consider some or all of the following:
- Each of these units must be assembled on site and delivered by various modes of transportation [on land and over water]
- When deployed, the design should provide safe places to play, secure means of delivering product (with incentives to return product at the end of play)
- When closed, the design should provide secure storage for all contents.
- Employ sustainable and/or local building materials and construction methods to realize their design. Materials should be reclaimed where possible.
- Develop mechanisms for off-grid, self sufficient sources of power for lights, communications (phone or internet) and water.
- Address issues of crowd control and security when products are distributed
- June 11—Competition announced at Google Sketchup 3D Basecamp, 8pm
- June 12—Registration at Info Table, 9am-5pm
- June 13—Competition Morning Charette, 9:15am-12pm
- June 13— Group Presentations (5 minutes per group), 1pm-2pm
- June 13—Winners of morning charette announced at 2pm
- June 16—Competition opened to the Google Sketchup community at large
- June 30—Competition ends, 11.59pm [PST]
- Week of July 1—Jurying takes place
- Week of July 7—First place, second place, third place winners announced
- 1st prize:$1000
- 2nd prize:$500
- 3rd prize:$250
- Aykan Gultan
- John Bacus
- Chris Cronin
- Cameron Sinclair
For more information click here